Moving/Resizing Controls

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
ExTexan
ExTexan's picture

Legend
Team MAR: 1
Moving/Resizing Controls

Someone else posted about this in another forum (EB perhaps?), but I thought I'd officially put it here along with my suggestion for how it might work better.

The issues are related with moving/resizing the controls - brake, accelerator, shifters (up/down).  First, if the box is fairly small already, I have trouble getting two fingers inside it to "pinch" out (to make it bigger).  Second, it's difficult to change one dimension without affecting the other.  Meaning that, if I have the width like I want it, but just want to change the height, it's difficult to do so without changing the width along with it.  Third, I find that the whole box moves when changing the size.  Finally, when I tap inside the box to move it, it moves a different distance than my finger.  For example, if I drag my finger an inch across the screen, the box moves about twice that distance.

Here's what I would like to see...

• Tap with a single finger inside the box to move it.  This is the way it works now, but the dragging distance issue needs to be fixed.
  • Tap any edge of the box to resize.  For example, if I tap the left edge of the box, I could drag it left to make the box wider, or to the right to make it narrower.  The other three edges of the box should remain in their original positions.  All four edges should work like that.

This would give more precise control over sizing and placement, using only single-finger gestures.

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.