Competing in Time Trials

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
sixcoins

Amateur
Competing in Time Trials

Hi guys... obviously new to the forums.  Not particularly new to RR3.  Wonderful game, play it daily.... Havent quite been sucked into spending any money yet.     Currently I have 50something cars, and 1000ish gold.   Im working towards unlocking Master, currently in the Aston Martin Expedition.   

Ive decided its time to start doing the time trials, but I dont completely understand it.      So, heres what I think so far, and if someone could tell me where I'm mistaken, it would be greatly appreciated.

It seems to me.....

If I want to do well in the time trial, I must race all 4 circuits.   I must rank at the top of A group in each race (In order to have a chance at the gold).... To do that, I must have the best cars in each circuit, upgraded fully.   And then I have to know how to drive them.  

If I'm correct, then it seems to me that the only way I can do that is to be at 'end game'.  

This seems silly to me, so I must be missing something important.     If I had the best car in each series, upgraded fully.... well, then I wouldnt need to even DO the time trials because I wouldnt need the gold.

So, if I did go race a time trial in the Nissan Skyline.... would it not just be a waste of time?    I'd expect the Toyota Hybrid and all of it's friends to point and laugh at me as they passed me by.

OR.... am I simply ranked with other folks in the same car.  (doesn't seem to me that would be the case, otherwise I wouldnt have the Toyota Hybrid as a choice of car.)

Another question I had was based on the car choices for the week.  Example...I could finish upgrading my Cevrolet Camaro ZL1 to complete... and have fun competing in the time trial, do great, win nothing... only to find out the following week the top car in that stage is completely different.  

So, are the cars always the same?  Or do they change each week..... 

Any information would be helpful.    Thanks in advance,

Six.

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.