What I did on my Holidays...

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
wizardprang

Amateur
What I did on my Holidays...

...or: How to deal with a one-week ban

After spending a year on version 1.1.2 (Android), I started working my way through the versions. I skipped over 1.2 and went to 1.3. Thanks to some of the worthies here I discovered what I term the "The Awesome Race" — an infinite-length endurance race in the "Classic American Muscle" series. Thanks to that race I was able to rack up some pretty impressive winnings.

That's probably where the first ban came from.

Having never been banned before, I was surprised and annoyed, partly at the finality of the ban, but mostly at the fact that there was no appeal. Way to go, FireMonkeys — annoy paying customers, that's the ticket!

Actually, the ban was no inconvenience at all; since I was in carreer mode, the pre-programmed bots were easier than my ever-growing cadre of FakesBook Friends. I was able to complete 1.3, 1.3.5 and was almost done with 1.4 when the ban expired. I went back online and a week or so later was rewarded with another ban.

No problemo... I finished 1.4 and upgraded to 1.5.

Then I decided to try "The Awesome Race" one last time, going for broke this time. I put in an average of an hour or two a day, and the miles — and the laps — fell before my now-fully-upgraded charger. Before long I passed my previous record — 555 miles — and kept going…

…and going…

…the ban passed, and still I kept on going...

...and going.

...before choosing to stop at 1500 miles — 600 laps, or, as I like to call it, a "Triple-Indy".

That took me from Level 194 to 202 in one go. Guess that probably means another ban; I really don't care.

I am still working my way up through the ranks, currently finishing up 1.5, and expect to move on up to 2.0, 2.1, 2.2 before catching up with the rest of y'awl.

I will not pass this way again, but I enjoyed the journey. Hope you enjoyed it too.

The adventure continues…

PRANG!

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.