Because Logic

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Blue_Kobra

Pro/Am
Because Logic

So I am currently playing Real Racing 3 on an iPod 5th generation (Jailbroken). And I have to say, the experience has been pretty good up until recently. RR3, since the Le Mans update, has been crashing, dropping framerate down to at least 5 fps at times, and being an overall peice of junk. So I took it upon myself to try and fix the problem because the Monkeys gave no responses to my questions. So, what I did, is I found a guide that showed me how to my jailbroken iPod, so I did it, and the game ran great for awhile. I figured, well, since it's running so good, lets see if I can boost up how the game looks. I snoop around the files of RR3, and come across a folder called "eds", and within this folder is all of the files that tell RR3 how to run on certain devices. So I make the game look around an iPad 3 level of quality, and the game looks great, but runs worse (obvious mistake). So I decide to lower it back down to the regular quality. The game continues to run great with a few slow downs here and there, but once the Le Mans update hit the AppStore, the game has been pretty terrible. So I lowered the graphics down to iPod 4th gen standards, and I couldn't deal with that after playing the game on my 5th gen for a year and a half. So I thought, "What the hell? I'm just going to take all the iPad 2 files, and change the names to match the iPod 5 files and see how that works." So I do that, and open the game, and I notice all of the advanced lighting, shadow details, fences, and all of the spectators. The game is looking absolutely gorgeous, and here's the kicker. It runs way better than the version for my device ever did. No crashes, slow downs, stuttering. Nothing. Anybody know why this is the case? Also, I will make a tutorial if you would like to do this yourself. Just ask.

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.