Le Mans - Stage 10

69 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bubba Bologna
Bubba Bologna's picture

Legend
Le Mans - Stage 10

Wow.  Stage 10 is what I was hoping all the challenges would be like.  Lots of variety and uniqueness.  Let’s jump right in - lots to share here. 7 challenges, 7 events.  Porsche 919. 30 gc completion bonus.  I realized early on that it was going to be very tough, if not impossible for me to complete these without upgrades. I truly can’t imagine anyone getting through this with no upgrades, but it may be doable.

Challenge 1 - standard cup

Challenge 2 - this one is very tough, but in my opinion the best one we’ve seen.  A night lap, with company, on Le Mans with NO HUD info - no speed, no map, no position, no idea of who’s in front of you or who’s behind you.  Just you, the car, and the course.  This is as close to a real experience as you’ll get (assuming no in-helmet comm).  I loved it, even though it was very disorienting at first.  You better like it too - because it may take you several tries.  I failed twice because a bot got far into the lead, and I never even knew it until the finish, when I saw I came in 2nd place.  Tips?  Try to get into the lead quickly, count the cars you pass, and then start praying.  I wish I could race this course at night with a view that allowed me to use my mirrors, but I’m not that good with those views.  If you are, that will at least help you to see the cars behind you creeping up.

Challenge 3 - this is Melbourne without steering or brake assists. If you already drive without assists, this should be no problem.  If you DO drive with assists, I highly recommend you practice this course without steering and brake assists prior to entering this stage.  Pick a high-end car, head to a 5-lap Melbourne cup and get a feel for it.  Otherwise it’s kind of embarrassing bumping wall after wall in a priceless prototype with all those spectators watching you.

Challenge 4 - race with no collisions

Challenge 5 - lap an opponent

Challenge 6 - endurance WITHOUT exceeding 215 mph (346 kph).  You’ll need to find the right balance here - stay slow enough to stay under the limit but be fast enough to pass the other bots long enough to meet the endurance goal.  I feel sorry for anyone who gets a long distance to beat.  I could be mistaken, but I’m pretty sure I saw one of the Stigs’ police cars hiding in the bushes waiting for me to break the speed limit. 

Challenge 7 - 3-lapper on Le Mans, at night.

Good luck - enjoy this while you can.  Stage 11 will mark the end for many of us.

(Pics to follow)

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.