Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans?

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Stig's US Cuz'n
Stig's US Cuz'n's picture

Legend
Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans?

South LA, the Baton Rouge/New Orleans area, has been my adopted hometown since the mid 80's. I had moved away for a few years chasing work, and just very recently moved back. Didn't realize how much I had missed it until this am. Stopped in a PJ's Coffee (Starbucks, but local) to get some interwebs and "work" done. These three guys were sitting around talking about gigging, and a customer suggested they go get their iron, quit talking about it, and get busy. So they did. I quit "working", and am listening to "Freddie the Freeloader", in a very improvvy, scatty interpretation right now. We've been thru the Dixieland and Mardi Gras standards. I suspect the coffees will start getting "enhanced" here very shortly, and there's talk of everybody moving the party to the daiquiri shop down the street. My point is this. Any other city I've been in the last few years, these guys would have been asked to stop. I'm on the phone here! Whatever. Here, about 20 people have just decided to take the rest of the day off and a bunch of new friendships have been made. Any of you RR3'ers ever make it down this way, let me know. I'll be happy to be your tour guide. I guess RR2'ers can come too, but only if you promise to behave. Sheesh. I browsed that forum a little and had to go to therapy. Anyway, they just started "Girl From Ipenena" or however you spell it, and there's a cute girl in yoga pants that looks like she wants to dance with an old fat guy.

[Edit by Veyron:  Leaving the upside down one here so the replies will make sense - and coz it's just so dang funny.]

[Edit 2 by Veyron:  For an explanation of why you may now be seeing two right side up photos, see this post.  Hehe.]

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.