Cool Story Bro!

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
MattO
MattO's picture

Legend
Cool Story Bro!

Thanks to the MRR forum for making possible the following cool story

In 2005 I was a member on Multistrada.net, a forum dedicated to all things Ducati Multistrada, having just bought the bike I had coveted since it's release.  There was a member on that forum who was a regular contributor, a motorcycle enthusiast from Greece who was IIRC an MD finishing up his obligation to his military-sponsored medical education, and who had our bikes full shop manual in PDF and offered to share it. It was a huge file, too big to email. We PM'd, and he sent me the shop manual on a CD, via snail-mail from his place in Greece to my place in California.
His gesture was so generous. I scanned a picture of the envelope but I can't share that here, much as I want to, cuz it shows both our addresses... but the postage stamps alone looked cool, and Costly.

Anyway, fast forward almost 10 years, and I'm running laps on RR3 and recently while visiting MRR forum I keep noticing this guy Multidoc. His avatar is clearly a Ducati, his nick seems to read to me like Multi(strada)-Doc(tor(MD)), he is from Greece... No way I thought... Sure, you're right there must be hundreds or even thousands of Multistrada riding doctors in all of Greece. What are the chances? So I dug a little deeper, I dredged up the old picture of the envelope I had saved, compared the name on the return address to Multidoc and wow... What do you know. One in the same... We exchanged PMs here on MRR and it was confirmed. We reconnected after all this time and distance.

The internets and the MRR forum turned this big world into a Small World.

Nikos aka Multidoc, 
 Thanks again for the manual! I am still using it.
Sad to hear your bike was lost, mine is over 50k miles and running strong strong strong...
   And the best commuter bike a guy could wish for in heavy Bay Area traffic. Tall and fast.
but it's most at home tear-assing up highway 1 on twisty canyons and beachheads.

cheers
~ MattO

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.