Pre-update speculation and summary

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
Roguebantha

Pro
Pre-update speculation and summary

-----What we know------

So I think most of us have seen this video so far:

Matt K has described the upcoming update as "pretty crazy" and "really unique", and whoever manages the "Real Racing" Facebook page has hyped it as "[our] biggest update yet". Furthermore, we all know that FM has been hyping Le Mans for all its worth, with the "Prepare for Le Mans" addition, and the frequent mention of it in both videos and blog posts. Also, a past Facebook post by Real Racing asserted that an upcoming update would "put the Pit Crew in the spotlight". We know that Gumpert has appeared in the Manufacturer's list in the Gamedata, and we also know that there are some interesting text references to a new "Driver" part of the Pit crew that would seem to allow us to complete races automatically, without actually having to race them. Essentially, a driver who would do events for us.

-----What we think-------

Considering it's declaration as "unique", I think we're going to see something more than just new cars, new tracks, or even a new event type, but rather, a whole new feature(s). I also do expect at least one new track, and several new cars. Track-wise, it would make the most logical sense (the way that it has been marketed) that Le Mans is on its way. Nurburgring was mentioned in passing in a blog post, however, I do not expect it to make an appearance. Car-wise, the Gumpert Apollo seems to be at least likely, however, their has been very little clue given as to what else might show up, if at all. It also appears that the Pit Crew is taking on a new importance in-game, and I suspect that there will either be in-race pitting (credit to Jeffsiamiese for that thought) or possibly the already talked about Stig driver who does events for us. I personally hope for the former. I play Real Racing 3 to race, not to pay gold for someone else to race for me. However, I personally suspect that the latter is more likely. This wouldn't strike me as the biggest update yet, even with a new track(s) and car(s) and I have my eye out for anything that might shed light on what to expect. I'll do my best to keep us all updated. Any thoughts?

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.