OMP top positions - outrageous ELO ?

24 posts / 0 new
Last post
MultiDoc
MultiDoc's picture

Veteran
OMP top positions - outrageous ELO ?

Ok here it goes:

I have been trying to think how those 4-5 top OMP guys have been able to go that high on ELO (there are 3 players with a 13k rating and a couple have around 8k) while all the rest below have less than 2k.

I still have no idea how such thing is possible since even if they only win every single race they enter and even if they race 100 races a day, they still wouldn't be able to accumulate such a high rating since the ELO difference means that they would get 0 (zero) points for such wins because their opponents are far far below them in rating.

Anyway, having not found a reasonable answer as how they do that, I still had another question about their racing skills (regardless of their racing) and would love to have the opporetunity to race one of them; and although this I thought would have been also impossible.... well I just did exactly that ! 5 minutes ago I raced in OMP against that %Gangsta% guy (sorry if i misspelled his avatar's name), a guy who has a rating of 8k and is constantly sitting either on top of OMP leaderboard or pretty close up there.

Track was Suzuka GP, cars were for both me and him the Atom V8 (plus another player with  a Veyron, total of 3 participants in the omp race), and i thought that even if he was so fast that he'd smoke me (i'm just an average player i think, especially compared to some excellent gentlemen among the MRR members) I didn't have anything to loose because of the vast difference in ELO ratings.

Anyway to cut a long story short, I took lead since the green lights went off on a track I have raced almost 1 thousand (yes 1 thousand) times, kept the lead throughout and just before the last chicane i was ~300m ahead of him. Just after exiting the chicane he zapped ahead with a lead of around 200m (to my ultimate surprise) but had terrible grip problems and I passed by him only to win by a few meters on the line.

I went on to investigate how that was even possible, cause I always thought Suzuka didn't have any shortcuts like Dubai or Mt. Panorama for example that OMP players use to take and ruin all the fun. I found out that there is indeed such a shortcut that one can take and avoid the last chicane !

I will be posting the relevant screenshots in my next post below so you gents see what i mean.

I think one of the (many) things that need to be corrected for OMP to be fun and enjoyable is to either close these kind of shortcuts or be punished in a way that people will be deterred from taking them.

End of my rumbling,

Nikos

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.