October Forzathon Events

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
nettrom

Veteran
October Forzathon Events

Forzathon events are now happening. They're described in yesterday's Week in Review, and the four events announced for October are:

1. Bottom of the Class, October 7–9, win the Comedy Horn Pack. Ends at 1am UTC on the 10th, per Twitter announcement by Playground Games. Maybe check the Forza Motorsport Twitter for updates? You can win three different horns through participating in online adventure games with cars that started out in D-class.
  2. Celebrate the S14th, October 14, win the Nissan Silvia S14 & more.
  3. Extreme Speed, October 17–21, win the Ford #17 Falcon FG & more.
  4. The Halo Weekender, October 28–30, win the Warthog and more.

Several D-class cars are on sale this weekend as well, to encourage participation in the Forzathon event. I picked up the '69 Nissan Fairlady and tuned it to S1 class, a ridiculous build with AWD, V8, and turbo swaps, rally tires and suspension, plus the full widebody kit. Great fun to drive around with! I've completed this weekend's Forzathon events, learned a few things along the way:

• To get all three horns, you have to do flag rush and infected games. You can limit your online adventure to those types of games by selecting the "Custom adventure" (or something of that sort) after clicking on the "online adventure" selection in the pause menu. From there you can choose "games only", to ensure that you get to do them (otherwise you might end up with races). (Similarly you can limit it to only races too, in case you don't want to do any of these silly games)
  • While it was fun to get experience with the infected, king, and flag rush games (although this Forzathon event doesn't reward you for the king games), it also took quite a while to complete. I'll probably be more selective in future events, I'm thinking I'll focus on collecting rare cars and such, or more carefully estimate how much time it takes to complete.

There were many fun games, though, I really like them. I have a clip of one of the flag rush games where there were some good steals, not all in my favour. Some solid laughs were had along the way.

Edit: updated the end date/time for the October 7-9 event with link to announcement from PG.

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.