Just my two R$ on FM's cash game

44 posts / 0 new
Last post
Roguebantha

Pro
Just my two R$ on FM's cash game

Let's be honest, yes, the way that FM's Gold mine works is not cool, but if you don't want to update so you don't pay gold, that's your prerogative. If the devs release an update with added cars or features, it doesn't matter what company it is, it's going to cost you in-game bucks, premium cash, etc. Just because FM takes a month to work hard and get more cars in-game does not mean that they're being greedy at all. Yes, they would like money, but they aren't forcing you to pay by adding more cars. FM could just not add new cars at all! I'd prefer for them to continue releasing monthly updates that cost GC and R$ (especially with all the little bugs we've found) than wishing they'd just discontinue support for the game.

Furthermore, the money we give them...little of that is likely to end up in the developers' pocket. They're probably paid the same amount every month, so it's not a matter of them even being greedy. The fact of the matter is, the money to add new tracks, cars, etc. has to come from SOMEWHERE, and while sponsors and EA might help out a little bit, it's really up to the players to keep FM with enough cash flow to be able to keep supporting the game, the cars, the tracks etc.

If FM were to buy licenses for cars, say the Ariel Atom's, offer them all at R$ prices, and leave it at that, then they run into an issue. No one buys IAP's for the update because they don't need to. FM loses a significant amount of cash revenue for the month, and the update becomes a loss, as money they had poured into getting licenses is not returned to them by the players. And if they're losing money every month or quarter, EA will cut the game altogether.

Really, the way FM is rolling isn't that greedy. it's actually pretty reasonable. Yes, I agree, some stuff is ridiculous, and the amount of money it costs us (without bugs) is unreasonable and large, but overall, for the typical update, I cannot blame FM AT ALL for trying to get players to pay money for some of the better features. THEY NEED TO otherwise, they have no income, and the company goes under.

Just my two R$.

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.