All-encompassing customization spreadsheet [updated]

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
txzzxt

Amateur
All-encompassing customization spreadsheet [updated]

Attached to this post is a .xlsx worksheet (created in Excel, but should work in most any app that can read .xlsx) that lays out the costs of every single customization in Real Racing 3, version 2.1. All 82 cars, and the 1,886 items you can apply to them are shown. This makes it easy to decide where to spend your money, and to see how the various cars are priced. For example:

• Want to buy all paint jobs, all vinyls, all rims, and adjust all ride heights for 82 cars? Bring lots of gold, as you're looking at spending 31,247 gold coins.
  • The Veneno is the most expensive car to customize, with an all-in cost of 2,202 gold coins.
  • The cheapest cars to customize are the Ferraris (except the Enzo) -- not because the add-ons are cheap, but because the EA contract with Ferrari apparently means they're not allowed to offer anything other than factory paint and vinyls. Outside the Ferraris, the cheapest car is the BMW 1 Series M Coupe (170 gold), which is even cheaper than the Silvia (178).

The spreadsheet is set up how I personally wanted to use it, so it's sorted by manufacturer and car. It's also formatted for that sort, so any changes will make it not quite as nice to read.

If someone wants to take this and put it in Google Docs or a MySQL database or whatever, go right ahead - no rights reserved by me!

Also, I'm sure I may have made an error on a number or two (there are 1,886 of them, after all). If you spot something wrong, please post here and I'll fix the copy I have ... or if someone wants to post this publicly, then it could be edited there.

Enjoy!

Major March 8 update: Version 2 is now attached to this post. Changes:

• I completely missed that there are multiple factory paint jobs for most cars, and that you have to buy them separately. So I've added new columns for the factory paint jobs.
  • I also misunderstood how paint jobs worked. I thought you paid each time you applied one (which makes logical sense, as someone has to paint the car). Instead, you can buy paint jobs just like vinyls, rims, etc. So I reworked the sheet to reflect this (see below for more).
  • Added a column so you can easily see the cost of, for instance, all Matte paints for any one car.
  • Revised the layout to make it more readable, including color-coding each customization's total column.

With the change in my understanding of paint costs, I added new total columns for the various paint combinations (as already existed for rims). This also means I completely understated the cost of buying every available customization. As noted above, it's a whopping 31,247 gold coins. Wow.

Attachments: 

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.