We need to modify modified races!

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
AlfaPower
AlfaPower's picture

Veteran
We need to modify modified races!
Hello everybody
We discuss about this already, but at now, nothing is changed and nothing seems to be on the way so I really want to recap all about.

It's clear that most of the players actually are preferring unmodified racing, despite of modified. Ok, for sure not every racer likes to play with sliders, but statistics prove that there's more.

The following is an example of numbers of players in unmodified vs modified racing.

First number is the number of unmodified entries, second number is modified.

The track is Forest path, you can check by yourself from official rankings in game's leaderboard or on the official site (v1.6.0+)

Bmw m3 e30 : 78 - 14

Honda nsx type0 : 45 - 14

Lotus elise 250 : 41 - 30

Mazda rx8 : 100 - 37

Mitsubishi eclipse gsx : 61 - 7

Nissan 370z : 72 - 19

Yo can see it's weird.

So many players didn't even try to score in modified races. Why? My guess is that you loose too much time for scoring a modified lap.

Not because you need to play with sliders, but because of the outlap. The outlap is good for real drivers, they can loose a whole lap every time, it's their job!

We normal people simply do not have so much time to waste. I like to play with sliders and I like to go faster with my cars, I like modified races!! But I also am discouraged because I know that I'm gonna loose a lot of time when I play modified. So, let's save some!!!!

We need to get rid of the outlap: I can see 2 possible solutions.

1.  Top gear style: we start from standing just like now, but there's 1 lap only and your time is recorded.

2. Multiple laps allowed (not mandatory!): we start way before the finish line, and the counter starts only when we cross the line. In this case, multiple laps could be allowed, just like now, but there will be no outlap, so before the start you could set 1 lap only, if you like.

The second option would be my preferred, because it's good to have the ability to do 5 or 10 consecutive laps, but you Devs should mind that not everyone likes to do it. 

Please everyone feel free to say yours

Cheers!

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.