Underdog Achievement – C-class requirement

1 post / 0 new
nettrom

Veteran
Underdog Achievement – C-class requirement

Thought I'd share this, partly as a PSA and partly because drifting the Ford Woodie Wagon is fun!

There's an achievement called the "Underdog" where you have to 3-star a PR stunt in a C-class car. I was messing around with a build of the Ford Woodie Wagon and ended up with a D-class setup and wondered if I could get the achievement using that. The answer is "no". Once I built a C-class car and brought that to a PR stunt the achievement unlocked just fine, though.

Like many of the older cars, building the Woodie Wagon is a bit of a challenge. With the stock tyres you can keep it in a reasonably low class, but you get almost no grip (I plant mine in a tree at the end of the video below partly because of that). Throw a tyre upgrade on and you're instantly in B or A-class. You get much less of a PI increase by adding power, so I kept the stock tyres but swapped the Viper V10 engine in. Added some other upgrades (e.g. surf boards are a must!) and got a good fun drift car. You can't go very fast because the front tyres will lose all their grip very easily, but as the video shows you can get, and keep, a quite solid drift angle. Three stars and new PB, but no achievement. Doesn't really matter, I had so much fun doing it! cool

BTW, if you're curious about drift tuning, I found a couple of five-minute videos with Chris Forsberg and Jason Fenske that discuss front-end and rear-end setup very nicely: part 1, and part 2.

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.