Anyone Tried Ridge Racer Slipstream?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jeffsiamese

Legend
Anyone Tried Ridge Racer Slipstream?

I guess I should have posted this in my "Best Repair Time Timekillers" thread, but as Doc Brown said - "What the Hell".

I guess it only came out this week, but I only noticed it last night. I used to play Ridge Racer on consoles long, loooong ago. There are tons of glowing reviews, and I got bored around 3 am... guess I'm a vampire... so I though I'd give it a whirl. It was the "Slipstream" part, I guess, that got my interest - you really can slipstream other cars, on realistic tracks.

Costs $2.99, and does offer IAPs to speed up progress - but from what I've read, they're not necessary at all... just takes you longer to progress.

I've only spent a couple hours playing so far, and so far I think it blows 2K Drive and GT2 completely out of the water. Graphics are excellent, sense of speed is very very fast - even the entry car I'm using - and you do have to learn drifting to win, but it's pretty simple. So far, I've had a lot of fun. It's no RR of course, but I think it's the best other thing available on the market right now.

I couldn't resist putting together a little vid of it, and will have it up later today. Try it out... seems like a worthy little game.

J.

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.