Mod-Veyron
Mod-Veyron's picture

Legend
Team MAR: 5
Private Groups Feature

Copied from this post...

MRR-Veyron wrote:

parkedge wrote:

I miss having the group thing we had in FM where we could share the list!

I'm not really sure what that is, but if it's a feature they had in the FM forum that we don't have here, please describe it in the Suggestion Box.

Veyron we used to have private groups where entry was by invitation or application only. People who were members of the group could see the contents but non members could not and it was not searchable on the open internet. The person who setup the group was basically the moderator for the group approving applications and adding users and so on. Parkedge, Immortal, myself and a few others used to have a group called "The Australian Racing Team" which we signified as ~ART on the end of our racing names. It was great as we could discuss dirty racers and tactics to over come them as well setup Teamspeak so we could chat amongst ourselves whilst racing as well as just sharing general stuff. You could have a rant in the clubroom and other members could add perspective and calm the person down before they took it to the public forum which was aid in removing some of the angst that goes along with OMP. Of course some of the groups imploded internally and some folks didn't like the groups taking every opportunity to take a swipe, usually because they could not get in or had fallen out with the other members. ART was very casual and we had a lot of fun but I know that others did not work out too well.

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.