2.6 Cross Platform OMP (Tips and Tricks)

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
xamdam
xamdam's picture

Legend
2.6 Cross Platform OMP (Tips and Tricks)

Since we now (apparently) have our Androids... errr, Android brothers and sisters playing with us... I mean playing together in OMP, perhaps we can help each other out. Also, lend a shoulder to cry on when the sheet heats the fan....

I've been playing more than ever during the past few days now that at least matchmaking seems to work better than before. I am absolutely certain the top players are hacking the game, manipulating results by making themselves disappear or causing the entire field to mass disconnect if they aren't winning. That has been noticed by others as well. Another "hack" is the course cutters that seem to be able to ghost themselves and cut the course (Silverstone, especially) without any speed penalty. Then we have the normal griefers that ram, smash and generally cause major annoyance.

That all aside... as we really can't do anything about it except scream, I have noticed a few things that might help others. As of this writing, I am "ranked" 25th on the Global Leaderboard. That can change by several hundred or even over a thousand positions by just one bad race. In the past couple hours, I've lost over 180pts in just two races thanks to griefers / hackers / cheaters or... perhaps just bad game lag (I do like to blame the former though). Here's my current screenshot.

I'm just posting that for a little credibility on what I'm now going to discuss...

Call me a slow learner (I am...) but I finally figured out a couple things. First off, if you see any of the top ranking players in your match, exit at the loading screen. Don't give them your points as they WILL take them. Either that or they'll leave you with a repair bill and a disconnect / no points.

Second. If you're on a tight track (like today's Hockenheim Short) and not in the first 3 or so grid positions, consider exiting at the loading screen... especially if there are higher ranked players nearby. If not, just try to make the first kink after the start clean and hope to be in front after the first hairpin.

If you win a match, and have enough left on your maintenance bar, be sure to try entering the next race. Most often, you'll be in pole position. If you're in the back, exit at the loading screen...

You will discover as you move up the board, the higher ranked players are disconnecting on loading more often than not if they don't have a preferential grid position for the track. This is a common trend and while I think it's bullshit... it's a "feature" the game allows without penalty. Make use of it unless you want to go bang your head against a wall (literally, in the game at least).

Don't quit mid race if there's any chance at all the guy in front can still make a mistake and run off - getting a speed penalty. I've recovered wins that way many times today, especially by just pressuring them.

I've been racing solely in the A League simply because I like the cars more and the races are usually at least 2 laps or more. The C League is often a one-lap melee and the griefers at least have more of an advantage there.

Hope this helps a little and more people can offer up tips in the thread.

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.