Welcome to the TKM tier. Which kart should you buy?

1 post / 0 new
Vincentz

Pro
Welcome to the TKM tier. Which kart should you buy?

So you got through cadets (Congratulations!) and you face your first real choice in Street Kart.

TKM Veloce (used) or Arrow X1 (used)?

Ultimately the best decision takes into consideration your personal driving style but for me considering most new racers the answer is clear. 

The TKM Veloce is the best choice in the TKM tier for a number of reasons.

It is geared lower and gets off of the start line faster, especially when used with the Power Finger exhaust, which gets newer players in front sooner. It is much easier to defend the lead than trying to pass a bunch of karts getting into it. 

The acceleration is also very helpful after a spin or hitting a barrier, which I’ve heard happens from time to time with new racers (yeah, I lived in the weeds and barriers when I was learning tracks, learning handling and learning how to deal with traffic).

The TKM Veloce also does very well (beyond acceleration, it turns better) on relatively short tight tracks like Parma and Underground which are good to run repeatedly to gain SK dollars or to catch a Target Rival for a chance to win Aces and to buy super soft tires and premium fuel or just to accumulate championship points if that’s what you need. 

And as Pete Williams points out, there are not a lot of tracks in the TKM tier where the Arrow can really stretch its legs with its higher gearing and better high speed cornering.

The Monaco GP GP7 28 can handle the low speed and high speed tracks quite well and should be the second kart you purchase coming into the TKM tier.  It is the best, or close enough to the best, kart on all the TKM tracks that it will be your go to kart for any given race. If you plan to move quickly through TKM and into X30 as soon as possible then this may be both the second and the last kart you  buy in the TKM tier. If you want to learn the differences between fast and tight karts and try out the feel of different brands you can buy them all and find which one and which exhaust combination is the absolute best for a specific track. I bought them all during the public beta testing, save one Arrow I never got around to unlocking. I think X30 wasn’t opened initially in the beta but with the global release people are going to be more inclined to speed through into X30.

Vincentz

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.