Intermittent throttle and brake loss? Possible solution

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
colo_artist
colo_artist's picture

Legend
Intermittent throttle and brake loss? Possible solution

Every now an then, usually at an inoppertune moment, the throttle or brake wouldn't work for me during a race. Even though I was pressing down on the screen with my thumb the throttle/brake pedal icons would dissappear.

I thought it might be hardware related so I did some racing on my wife's iPad. Same thing happened.

It didn't seem to be related to a particular car or track, although it did seem to happen more often at certain turns. In retrospect I think it wasn't related to certain turns or straights, it was only on more critical portions of the tracks that I tended to notice and remember the problem happening.

Figured it was a monkey sorta software problem and resigned myself with just living with it.

However, after some time I finally did notice a pattern. The common denominator turned out to be me. I found when the problem happened the base of my thumb was on the screen. Mostly that happened when I had tilted the iPad down quite a bit and/or when my thumb was mostly straightened out.

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.