Perception of Speed Is Poor

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
EternalBliss333

Legend
Perception of Speed Is Poor

In recent days I have become aware that the perception of speed in RR3 is very poor. I noticed it first when I drove the Nismo LMP1 in the LMx10 in Endurance Champions recently when the Daily Bonus was a 50% bonus to fame. (I drove it using bonnet view because it is impossible to see the track properly when using cockpit view with this car.) On the long straights the car is doing over 350 kph and more than 400 kph in a few short instances. But looking at the lane markings, guardrails, fences, signs and trackside trees the car seems to be moving at a speed of 100kph-120kph. I then noticed this with other cars, too. (I drove them using cockpit view.)

A moment ago, after playing RR3 for several hours, I did two races in Street Kart. The difference in the perception of speed in comparion with RR3 was like night and day. Although the kart has a top speed of about 50 mph (which is less than 100kph) the perception of speed was much greater than in RR3 with cars that are doing over 300 kph. There was a sense of everything rushing toward me at breakneck speed that I do not get in RR3. In comparison RR3 seems to be like slow motion.

The sense of motion in Gear.Club, too, is much greater than in RR3.

With both SK and GC, there is a rush, of things moving blazingly fast; with RR3 things are languid, lazy and sleepy. I doubt that real racing (not Real Racing) is like the latter; I figure that it is more like the former.

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.