Blizzard Mountain Bucket List Items [spoiler alert]

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
nettrom

Veteran
Blizzard Mountain Bucket List Items [spoiler alert]

I suspect most of you have completed all of these by now. In case you haven't, and partly because I like to complete things, I thought I'd make videos of all the Blizzard Mountain ones as well. This time they'll be in numbered order, to make it easy.

Here's #1:

This is the introdution to the Blizzard Mountain Bucket list, and it should be fairly straightforward. Hit the accelerator and aim for the jump and you should be fine. I almost miss it because I can't keep the car pointing in the right direction, but accidentally pull of a perfect one-eighty as a result. Good thing I remember to record it!

And here's #2:

This one is quite a bit harder since you're racing down the mountain during a blizzard, so visibility is rather limited. The stock Mini doesn't go very fast either, the final drive is very short, and I bounce of the rev limiter a lot. (I have a tuned version in my garage with a swapped gearbox, the car has power enough to go much faster)

It took me a while to figure out a good route since there's cliffs and rocks along the way. Some of the jumps are quite big as well, and if you don't land nicely you might lose all momentum (I have one where I lose a lot of speed in this video). I start out by aiming towards the destination, and once I'm off the road I aim for two of the intersections along the way. They help me stear clear of the worst rocks and cliffs and at the same time keep me going in the right direction. Apart from that I just try to go as fast as I can and aim for the destination marker.

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.