The Urantia Book - a Revelation?

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Urantia Jewell
Urantia Jewell's picture

Legend
Team MAR: 04
The Urantia Book - a Revelation?

In a recent post it was suggested we have a discussion of The Urantia Book.

While I would embrace such a discussion because it is partially responsible for my user ID (Urantia is the name of our planet according to the book, and Jewell (being similar to jewel) was my chosen last name, not because I thought "I" was the jewel of earth lol (I'm more of an insignificant piece of coal dust) but because earth looks like a jewel from space and also for other reasons based on book content). I know that this website is more about racing than anything else, so I leave it to the members of this great site. Do you want to know more about it?

Disclaimer: Thanks to my poor memory recall, although I've read it through a couple of times and read certain papers many times, I am no expert on the book. Having read it cover-to-cover I believe it is what it purports to be. You will have to make up your own mind whether it's real or not, if you choose to read it.

What is The Urantia Book?...

It purports to be a modern day revelation from God concerning humanity's relation to the grand universe. It's made up of 196 "Papers" broken up into 4 major groups, preceded by a Forward (which is recommended to be read first).

1. Forward
  2. The Central And Superuniverses
  3. The Local Universe
  4. The History Of Urantia
  5. The Life And Teachings Of Jesus

The book covers an unbelievable amount of information about numerous general topics, such as religion, philosophy, science, society, government, etc., etc., etc.

The papers are purported to have been written by celestial personalities of different orders then translated and dictated to a human through a midwayer (an Earth being usually invisible to human eyes who are midway between material humans and spirit angels).

Carry on...

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.