"Real" Advertising?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Just2807
Just2807's picture

Veteran
"Real" Advertising?

Well, i know Monkeys buying/renting licences for tracks and cars and i understand how this type of game works (non coding stuff) and what's the (non)logic behind it.
Is it maybe possible the manufacturers (i was thinking of low/mid range cars) actually advertise their brand and car model true the game? Since it has zillion downloads and high review number, they get quite big number of "views" on their products. And seeing "how old are u" polls, kids are practically a minority (at least on the forum) so big percentage of RRgamers could afford some of the cars "advertised".
I remember when little Hyundai i20 WRC came from "nowhere" and was standing out from other cars with it's special look and a tier all to itself.
Could (did) some1 actually pay (or maybe lower licencing/other deal costs or whatever) to actually advertise car ingame?
I believe there is a reason (at that time) there were significantly more cars from 1 manufacturer rather than others and by that, i mean the time Porsche update came (50 y of 911) i think 2.0.3.
So, anyone familliar with that kind of business model since advertising in games is (still) relatively new and growing pretty fast?
I am a technician so i have almost 0 experience with economics and business plans. Had this on my mind for a long time so, why not ask here?

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.