Brand New DeLorean? v3.5.2

24 posts / 0 new
Last post
AlfaPower
AlfaPower's picture

Veteran
Brand New DeLorean? v3.5.2

Hi guys,
I read that some of you still gets lucky with time travel for repairing and upgrading, but I have not, since the last hateful update.

Anyway, I noticed that the timer does not really freeze when you go offline. It freezes on your device, but it's still running on monkey's servers.

A proof of that?

Try with a cheap car like Ford ST: put it on maintenance, see tha clock running, then go offline: it freezes. Wait a minute, then switch back online: the timer is updated, it has skipped the minute you were offline.

So, I realize that, every time you are online, monkeys costantly save your device's time. I mean once in minute or so. Crazy monkeys!!  Anyway... the device's timer freezes if you go offline, but it's not really frozen...  it's frozen on your device! This is just enough to make Delorean stops working, because now you  cannot finish any upgrades or mantainances while being offline.

Well played, monkeys.

But... here's my 2 cents :D

1. I start the game with the airplane mode in the morning, before work. I usually play in the evening, so in the morning I just open the game and go offline, get the annoying message, ok, ok, then close the game.

2. In the evening, I set the airplane mode again, then start the game. Yes, play offline. Do some challenges, have fun, but very soon I need car mantainence for 3 cars. So, I put the 3 cars on maintainance, always keeping the device in the airplane mode.

3. Then, switch back to the online mode, no need to restart the game, simply set the airplane mode off, et voilà, cars are repaired instantly :D

Then, you can switch back in the airplane mode and start playing. If your cars mantainance is quick, you can totally skip waiting times, cuz the time you spent on playing is equal to the time needed for repairing cars. If your cars mantainance is long as mine (from 3 to 5 hours), well.... you still earn some time anyways!

The key is that the time when you go offline is the time supposed by monkeys when you start repairing or upgrading your car.

So, this could be not so appealing like time travelling we used to do before, but I guess it's better than nothing.... I'm doing this way to get at least 3 istant repairs and upgrading each day.

Any suggestions or improvements to this way will be welcomed!

Cheers!

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.