Trimming "New/Updated topics" view

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
emeric

Pro
Trimming "New/Updated topics" view

Update: Wow! The mods are fast. They are already implementing it in the forum. Please disregard the rest of the post, as already suggested before.

Hi folks,

I'll start explaining my usage of this forum, to give some background and help readers fall asleep before I start writing about the important stuff. So feel free to skip this part, or the whole post, or whatever it is you want to skip right now.

My entry point to the forum is usually the"New/Updated topics" page (http://www.myrealracing.club/forum/new). This helps me get an overview of how many pages of bug exploits discussions I have missed since my last visit, and event provides me with links to the newest answers. How convenient!

Now, I already noticed that most of RR2 community revolves around Online Multiplayer, which the producer decided not to make available on my device. This renders all of the RR2 discussions meaningless to me. (Not that they are meaningless at all, they just don't apply to my usage of the forum)

The usual process involves looking at the right column of the new posts table, to locate the entries not mentioning "(RR2)", and focusing on reading only the other topics. And if I can look for strings and ignore corresponding lines, my computer has to be able to do that too, faster and more reliably (especially given the very welcome activity generated in RR2 subforum). So I taught it to do so.

This resulted in a very simple UserScript, looking for patterns identifying RR2 subforums in the "New/Updated topics" pages, and making sure they are not displayed. Uploaded under http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/394034 for your convenience, the website giving instructions on how to use it for your browser.

Why isn't this post in RR3 subforum?

Because a very minor change in the script (uncomment one line, comment the next one) allows you to "undisplay" RR3-related topics instead, and I figured some RR2-only players have very little interest in most of RR3-related topics.

Suggestions for improvement welcome.

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.