Big comment from FM on Facebook explaining the lack of a content update

1 post / 0 new
Roguebantha

Pro
Big comment from FM on Facebook explaining the lack of a content update

FM/EA posted a large and rather detailed comment in response to one of my posts on the Real Racing Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/realracing/posts/10152245795459292?comment_id=29939240&offset=0&total_comments=2&notif_t=feed_comment

My original post that initiated it was:

Quote:

Honestly FM, it would just be nice if you told us a little more about the update schedule. You want to code freeze for 2 months? Fine, more power to you. All of us like bug-fixing. However, I think we'd all greatly appreciate it if you would tell us that instead of being secretive, refusing to say a word about anything. Most of us have noted that you've been long in releasing a content update. While that's okay, there's no deadline, many of us are looking for a reason as to why; a reason you guys haven't been exactly forthcoming about. I think we'd all appreciate a little speech into why it's been so quiet the past couple months, and what to expect over the next couple months and updates. That's all we really want. Like if you agree.

And FM actually responded! This is what they said:

Quote:

Hi Seth, here's what I can tell you! Bug fixing has been a big part of the past couple of months for us, you may have seen our previous posts about issues we're aware of and what we have been working on. Real-Time Multiplayer has been a big project for us, and we're continuing our work on it. However work has been also continued on our next major update this entire time. It's pretty sizeable, hence the longer than usual gap. I don't have any news to share on when that's going to arrive just yet, but we'll post details here on Facebook when we can! :)

Several things can be inferred or assured from this post. I'll summarize it for you:

• RTM appears to be what they've been working really hard on. Kudos to FM for working diligently on that. (I hope)
  • A major update is in the works, which is why there has been such a long period between updates.
  • This "major update" will (I suspect) not only add new cars/content, but new features as well. I think we can all agree that this is likely related to those customization achievements in the achievements section.
  • They don't know or are not willing to say when it will be ready to be released.
  • Posts on Real Racing's Facebook page, if worded carefully enough, might just be replied to! This was my experience!

I hope to see what people think in the comments!!

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.